Dr.Gary Grablin practices mercury free dentistry and has taken all of the necessary training to be a mercury safe dentist.
According to the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxology, all dental amalgam restorations, also commonly referred to as silver fillings, contain approximately 50% mercury. Reports and research are consistent that these fillings emit mercury vapors. Dental mercury amalgam exposes dental professionals, dental staff, dental patients, and fetuses to releases of mercury vapor, mercury-containing particulate, and/or other forms of mercury contamination.
Mercury vapor is known to be released from dental mercury amalgam fillings at higher rates during brushing, cleaning, clenching of teeth, chewing, etc., and mercury is also known to be released during the placement, replacement, and removal of dental mercury amalgam fillings. An unsafe amalgam removal process releases mercury vapor and particles that can be harmful to the patient, the dentist, the dental staff, and the environment.
According to Dr. Tom McGuire of the Dental Wellness Institute, there are a number of distinct advantages of choosing a mercury safe dentist, such as Dr. Grablin, the most important being that member dentists commit to the following:
- The member dentist is Mercury Amalgam/Silver Filling Free and will not place mercury amalgam fillings
- The member dentist will use Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Protocols that protects the patient, as much as possible, from unnecessary and excessive exposure to mercury during filling removal.
- Every treatment or service offered by a member dentist will be available to the patient
- The member dentist will be trained in every treatment and therapy he or she offers
- The member dentist will, if requested, provide patients with a source of information about the health hazards of mercury amalgam/silver fillings, mercury detoxification, and oral hygiene education
- The member dentist will, if requested, provide patients with a source of information about the relationship of oral to overall health; and
- The dentist pledges to practice with integrity and honesty.
If you are interested in a mercury safe dentist and mercury free dentistry, Gary A. Grablin DDS, looks forward to helping you. Please call: (415) 454-3222 to set up an appointment.